Last week was the inaugural Throwback Thursday and you guys seemed to like it. As you guys are kind of pains in the ass with what you seem to like and not like, if we find something remotely popular we will beat it into the ground until you beg us to stop.
We’re kind of like network TV that way.
The year 1969 brought us a lot of things (namely me as it’s my birth year). As I wasn’t around for the sixties, this is more of a book report than actual account.
Anyway, here’s Throwback Thursday 1969
It’s crazy when you go back and look at how many historic events there were in 1969. Here are just a few of the top events from that year.
1. Neil Armstrong lands on the moon.
2. 350,000 fans attend Woodstock.
3. Beatles record Abbey Road, their last album.
4. US institutes draft lottery for Vietnam War.
5. Senator Kennedy crashes car at Chappaquiddick.
6. Charles Manson cult murders 5 people.
7. Public Broadcasting System or PBS is established.
8. Richard Nixon sworn in as 37th US President.
Again, in doing research for this article I’m simply stunned at the number of shows that got their start in 1969.
1. The Brady Bunch
2. Sesame Street
3. Scooby Doo, Where Are You!
4. Hee Haw
5. Monty Python’s Flying Circus
6. Marcus Welby, MD
7. H.R. Pufnstuf
8. Love American Style
9. The Courtship of Eddie’s Father
10. The Benny Hill Show
I’m a big fan of music from the 60’s. Back before videos musicians had something to say and it didn’t matter what they looked like. It just mattered if they could sing. These aren’t in order but are just some of my favorites from 1969.
1. Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In – The Archies
2. Build Me Up Buttercup – The Foundations
3. Suspicious Minds – Elvis Presley
4. Sweet Caroline – Neil Diamond
5. Time of the Season – The Zombies
6. These Eyes – The Zombies
7. I’ve Gotta Be Me – Sammy Davis Jr.
8. Oh What A Night – The Dells
9. Come Together – The Beatles
10. Hooked on a Feeling – B.J. Thomas
(YouTube) – I Dream of Genie Link
(YouTube) – bikini scene
(YouTube) – pics from Laugh-In
(YouTube) her in a nightgown
(YouTube) – link to Benny Hill Show
(YouTube) – link to her in an aerobics video
(Ranker) – 26 hottest pics
(YouTube) – tribute video
So that wraps up my look back at 1969. If you’ve never contemplated writing a throwback article let me tell you there is so much that happens in a year. I know I left a ton of events, shows, and women out.