The Most Racist Commercial on TV

I apologize for the quality of this video as it is the only one I can find on the internet and the reason why might be apparent to you when you see this.  The person that posted this on You Tube actually thinks it’s a funny commercial.  I don’t know if he thinks it’s ironically funny or funny because he is a Klan member.  You be the judge:

Really Discover Card?  This commercial cleared through your marketing department without anyone raising an eyebrow?

10 Comments on The Most Racist Commercial on TV

1. Saw this commercial while watching tv with a friend of mine (we are both white), she was convinced both african american ladies were the same (like the same actress playing both women). I couldn’t get her to see how wrong she was, that they are obviously two different women who just have similar hair styles, clothing, etc. My friend is either racist, or too stubborn to admit she had a wrong first impression and take it back. I was shocked to see the “all x-race look alike” stereotype in action.

2. trance witch // January 24, 2013 at 4:52 pm //

mike you rule. just saw this and had to see if anyone else saw that covert racism. also white people who’ve never attempted to actively listen to poc have no place talking about racism. also kill whitey.

3. Roger Wilson // January 4, 2013 at 7:59 pm //

I don’t get the racist angle. Am I missing something or am I just not hyper-sensitive?

• Marc Clarkson // January 6, 2013 at 10:54 am //

No, you are a white male and as a rule they perceive racism and sexism the least. Not saying that is good or bad. We are products of our environments

4. Southern Progress // January 2, 2013 at 8:32 pm //

Seriously! I had to see if anyone else felt this Ad was racist. The other Discover ads in this campaign are almost as bad.

• Midwest Mike // January 2, 2013 at 9:05 pm //

I’m amazed that this commercial got approved.

5. socksieboy01@yahoo.com // October 13, 2012 at 12:33 pm //

So, you’re saying this is racist because most African-American women don’t act like this??

• Midwest Mike // October 13, 2012 at 12:39 pm //

Are you telling me you don’t see a problem? Isn’t this stereo-typical behavior that Discover is showing in this commercial?

6. Midwest Mike // October 13, 2012 at 12:25 pm //

Aren’t they?

7. So, is the other one in the series that features a dorky white guy talking to “himself” also racist? Does it imply that ALL white males are dorky?