Huge Sons of Anarchy News!!

urlSONS OF ANARCHY fans rejoice… JIMMY SMITS has been confirmed to be a regular cast member for the upcoming Season 6.  This is fantastic news, as his character Nero Padilla was probably the best addition to the cast in a few seasons.

Donal Logue is also confirmed to return, which I felt to be a much more obvious announcement due to his giant cache of weaponry that season 5 never addressed.  Now we can only hope that WALTON GOGGINS makes another brief appearance as the downright hilarious crossdressing hooker from last season.

In other SOA-related news in the KURT SUTTER department, Sutter has been busy developing another show for FX called LUCAS STAND which has been described as an action/horror show about a demon-hunting ex-spec-ops time traveler.  He’s teaming up with the executive producer of HELL ON WHEELS, JOHN SHIBAN.  Add this to the comedy show DIVA. CLOWN. KILLER. potentially starring his wife KATY SAGAL (Jemma in SOA), and Mr. Sutter is going to be a pretty busy guy for a while.

No complaints from me, though… SONS OF ANARCHY still reigns as one of the best shows on television.  LUCAS STAND sounds like a fantastic idea, especially with how edgy FX likes to get with their content.  Cross your fingers for a pilot order soon!

7 Comments on Huge Sons of Anarchy News!!

1. The Obsessive Viewer // March 10, 2013 at 10:59 pm //

That’s great that they’ll be back. I was hoping Donal Logue’s character would become a regular. I don’t know if I’ll stick with the show, though. The plot is either getting too unnecessarily convoluted or I just don’t care enough to pay close enough attention.

It doesn’t help that I’m constantly comparing the show to The Shield which is, in my eyes, one of the best television dramas ever. And it annoys me to no end that the writers choose to make it a loose adaptation of Hamlet whenever it’s convenient.

• Midwest Mark // March 11, 2013 at 9:00 pm //

That’s my only gripe about last season more than the others is that it gets to the point where these guys take their lives way too seriously. If you are able to suspend disbelief for an hour per week, it makes for excellent television. The past two seasons have been way above average and I can’t wait to see where they take it this season.

Don’t give up on this show! TV needs more like this. My fingers are crossed for Kurt Sutter’s new upcoming series.

• The Obsessive Viewer // March 12, 2013 at 12:25 am //

It can be compelling TV but it’s not something I can handle watching week-to-week. If I do it that way, I pick episodes apart and it gets to me.

I think it airing around the same time as Boardwalk Empire is also a contributing factor to my dislike of it. Boardwalk is ridiculously good.

If I do watch the next season, it’ll be on a TV binge after it airs.

• Midwest Mike // March 11, 2013 at 9:44 pm //

The Shield was an amazing show. I compare all other dramas to that show.

• The Obsessive Viewer // March 12, 2013 at 12:28 am //

Right!? I can’t speak highly enough about The Shield. I need to rewatch it, too. It’s been a few years.

• Midwest Mark // March 12, 2013 at 6:27 am //

word to the wise, all seasons of The Shield are on sale at Best Buy this week for 9.99 each. I picked up a couple the other day and might go back for the rest…

• The Obsessive Viewer // March 12, 2013 at 6:40 am //

Right on. I already own them but the last disc in my season 1 set skips a little so I might upgrade.