(CNN) — “Glee” star Cory Monteith died as a result of “a mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol,” the British Columbia Coroners Service said Tuesday.
Monteith, 31, was found dead Saturday in a Vancouver hotel room after he missed his checkout time.
Monteith spent time in rehab this year, checking into a drug addiction treatment facility in late March.
I hate to admit that I was a fan of Glee. He did well with what seemed like significantly less talent than other cast members. We joke around here at MWTVG about celebs and drugs a lot, but that usually has to do with Amanda Bynes or Miley Cyrus smoking pot. Heroin is a game changer for which users don’t end up faring all that well. It’s too bad that he couldn’t get it straightened out.