Lately, I’ve been, I’ve been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be
But baby, I’ve been, I’ve been praying hard,
Said no more counting dollars
We’ll be counting stars, yeah we’ll be counting stars
– One Republic
That song is #1 in America right now and I’ve never heard of it or the band who sings it. Maybe that means I’m horribly old or it means I don’t like hipster music. You’ll have to decide which is true while you are reading around the web for 1-19-14.
- If you think a grilled cheese sandwich is simple and boring then you need to check these out. Here are 18 of the best grilled cheese recipes that will blow you away. (Hi Consumption)
- How many of you out there played Donkey Kong back in the day? If you played it as much as I did, then you will love seeing this. What would happen if someone tried to make the weapons used in Donkey Kong in real life? (The Awesomer)
- If you love space like I do, you’ll love these pictures. 50 amazing long exposure pictures of our Milky Way galaxy. (Officially Fun)
- If you have seen and loved the movie Argo. You should read this story. This is a very rare treat that the CIA has not only allowed someone to go on record about one of their operations, but that they themselves are posting it. This is the story behind the operation that you saw in the hit movie Argo.
- We know that cockroaches and Twinkies will survive a nuclear explosion. Back when we were testing nukes, the government thought that there was one more very important item that we just had to know if it would survive or not. Can you guess what it is and yes, it would survive a nuclear blast.
- This year is the 30th anniversary of the release of Ghostbusters. It’s amazing how fast time flies. FYI, Ghostbusters was one of the first three VHS tapes my family owned when we got our first VCR (the other two were Breakfast Club and Terminator). Here are some amazing behind the scenes pictures taken during the making of Ghostbusters. (Imgur)
- In celebrities are not like you and me news, here are some of the most expensive cars they drive. (ShawConnect)
- Having trouble deciding on a movie to watch? Here is a website that should solve that problem for you forever. (Good Films)
- Sticking with movies, here are 32 of the greatest unscripted movie scenes in history. (Screen Rant)