– The Von Trapp Children from The Sound of Music
Maria Von Trapp, the last surviving member of The Von Trapp family that inspired The Sound of Music, has passed away at the age of 99 at her home in Vermont. While you think about your favorite song from the musical inspired by their family story, get the news from around the web for 2-23-14.
- You’ve heard of the crazy cat lady, what about this dude who spent $35,000 to turn his house in to a cat friendly environment for his 18 cats. (Daily Mail)
- Here are 19 cup cakes that are almost too perfect to eat. Almost. (Funsterz)
- It’s not built yet, but when it is done, this will be the world’s coolest hotel. (ClassyBro)
- No one can resist bubble wrap. Not even animals. Check out this raccoon who found out just how fun it is to play with bubble wrap. (Seriously OMG)
- A high school in Korea allowed their graduating seniors to take any picture they wanted for the yearbook. I can guarantee that this was a one time experiment that won’t be done again. (TheChive)
- Want to buy a celebrity’s house? If you have just $799,000, you can buy Charlie Day’s house. (Celebuzz)
- Here is what Popular Mechanics thinks will be happening in the next 100 years. (Popular Mechanics)
The Olympics are coming to an end today to this is the last of our hot Olympic athletes of the day. If you are keeping track, Team Russia won not only the medal count, but in the hottest women on their team count as well.