Heaven knows I was just a young boy
Didn’t know what I wanted to be
I was every little hungry schoolgirl’s pride and joy
And I guess it was enough for me
To win the race? A prettier face!
Brand new clothes and a big fat place
On your rock and roll TV
But today the way I play the game is not the same
Think I’m gonna get myself happy
– George Michael
Hello again. I’m sure you missed me. I’m back with another edition of around the web to remind you that I’m alive. We’ll get right to the news since most of you are either barely working or still on vacation. Here’s the news from around the web for 12-27-16.
- I do not have any idea who Tallia Storm is, but she seems to be in a bikini on a beach somewhere that isn’t suffering through winter and that’s good enough for us. (GCeleb)
- Most of my employees are in their 20s and life for them is very very different than when I was a kid. Take dating for example or whatever it is you call it today. These kids get naked pictures of each other before they even know basic things like a birthday or what they do for work. They have no idea what it’s like to try calling a girl’s house and hoping her dad doesn’t answer the phone. Here is what it would have looked like, a bit, if Snapchat had existed in the 90s. (Radass)
- Breaking news for everyone. People lie on the internet. Here are some lying liars that got busted. (TheBerry)
- If you thought that Jenny McCarthy couldn’t be more annoying than she already is, you were wrong. (OMG)
- Have you ever wondered why there is braille on the keys for a drive up ATM? (RegretfulMorning)
- Here are 50 facts about George Michael that you probably didn’t know. (GBTimes)
Today’s music video is in honor of the passing of George Michael. I know that for many he is the butt of jokes but for me, he was a part of my 80s soundtrack. I enjoyed his music and thought he was a talented artist. We have lost many talented people this year and George Michael is one of them. This song is one of my favorites of his. He wrote it in response to people saying way back in 1990 that George Michael was done and a has been already. I’ve always liked it. This is George Michael with Freedom! ’90 released on October 30, 1990.