It’s a Bears victory Tuesday here in Chicago! Suck it Packers! Let’s get the news from around the web.
- While out watching the Bears beat the Packers, Midwest Mo and I were in a discussion with one of our friends about the history of Lord Stanley’s Cup, since Midwest Mo recently got to have his picture taken with the cup. As you may know, The Stanley Cup spends a day with each player and member of management after a team wins the cup in the NHL. Over the years Lord Stanley’s Cup has seen some partying. Here are some of the most interesting places that Lord Stanley’s Cup has visited during it’s travels. (Total Pro Sports)
- I am a huge fan of Saturday Night Live. I’ve written about the show here regularly. It’s still the place to go for comedy and they still set the stage for comedy here in America. One of the most iconic sketches of SNL came during the first season when Richard Pryor was the host. You might remember the sketch that featured Pryor and Chevy Chase trading insults. It is probably still the edgiest skit ever done by SNL. Here is the very interesting back story behind the sketch. (Salon)
- I worked in the restaurant business for many years and have interviewed thousands of people for jobs over that time. You would not believe some of the answers I have heard from people who were actually trying to get a job. Since I myself have a job interview today, I thought it would be a good idea to do some research on good answers to typical interview questions. Then I thought better of it and found instead crazy answers that actually got people jobs. (AOL)
- We had an article yesterday from Midwest Mark about the freakishly good ratings for AMC’s The Walking Dead. People are apparently analyzing why this show is doing so well in the ratings and it seems to have nothing to do with the fact that zombies are the thing right now. (Variety)
- Many of you are probably like me and stopped watching The Simpsons long ago when they stopped being funny. If you have not watched the show in the last 10 years, there are some things you, like me, might have missed. Here are 18 things you will be surprised to find out that have happened on The Simpsons since 2003.
- Back in the day, it seems that the James Bond franchise was on a tight budget. They liked to use the same actor/actress to play different roles in different movies thinking that no one would notice. Well the joke’s on you old James Bond producers. You should have seen the internet coming where someone would have the time to pour through all of your movies and find where you have used the same person to play different people. (Imgur)
- This one is simple. 10 buildings that are shaped like their company’s product.
- Apparently there is a Lego movie coming out in February of next year. I had no idea. I watched the trailer for it though and believe it or not, it seems like it might be pretty good. (Bro Bible)
- Here is a link to put a smile on your face and make you feel good. You have got to see the bond between a lioness and the humans who saved her life when she was a baby. (Grind TV)
- Ok one more link to put a smile on your face. What happens when a street musician in Berlin performs a song by an 80s British pop group and the lead singer of that group happens to walk by the performance? (Live Leak)