Here’s the story of a lovely lady
Who was bringing up three very lovely girls.
All of them had hair of gold, like their mother,
The youngest one in curls.
Here’s the story, of a man named Brady,
Who was busy with three boys of his own,
They were four men, living all together,
Yet they were all alone.
Till the one day when the lady met this fellow
And they knew it was much more than a hunch,
That this group must somehow form a family.
That’s the way we all became the Brady Bunch.
The Brady Bunch,
The Brady Bunch,
That’s the way we became the Brady Bunch.
– The Brady Bunch Theme Song
Well if you’re here reading this you’ve survived Thanksgiving and Black Friday shopping if you were crazy enough to venture out in to the public. We are now officially in to the Christmas season which means those friggen elf on the shelf pictures are soon to be flooding your social media and all the awesome holiday plans that your friends who seem to be so much better than you at this stuff will be all over the place as well. Here is a refuge from the madness. I am not anti-Christmas but I am just not one to be all that excited about it. So for all of us who see this as just another day, we’ve got the news from around the web for 11-26-16 and for those of you who love Christmas, you can read it too because hey, we need those clicks to make us rich.
- When Mariah Carey goes grocery shopping, I think it’s safe to say she doesn’t really dress the same as you and I do when we are out in the store just getting that chore taken care of. Also, Mariah is dangerously close to wearing mom jeans. (OMG)
- What did Nicole Kidman have to say about her ex Tom Cruise? It’s refreshing really. I don’t know what to think about her but things like this make me think she might actually be a real person. (Celebitchy)
- Do moms still teach their daughters that nice girls don’t bend at the waist? (BadSentinel)
- Kate Upton is one of my favorite models working today. I know that’s not really a bold statement or going out on a limb because she seems to be liked by more than a few. I met her sister recently at an event and let me say, good looks do run in that family. Here is Kate at a recent photo shoot. (GCeleb)
- If you are dying to see Rogue One, get ready for Monday. It looks like tickets will go on sale then and if you want to see the movie, you’d better be quick about it. (CNN)
- Here are a bunch of things that we have all done but no one will admit. (BuzzFeed)
Today’s videos come to us because of the passing of Florence Henderson. She will forever be known as Carol Brady, one of TV’s best moms. She started her career on Broadway in 1952 and was a song and dance lady. She was the first woman to ever guest host The Tonight Show in the brief period between Jack Paar leaving and Johnny Carson taking over. She is of course most well known for her role as Carol Brady. Henderson got the role of Carol Brady after her best friend, Shirley Jones passed on the role (Jones went on to star on the Partridge Family the following year in a pretty similar role). After the Brady’s, Henderson spent 20 years as the spokesperson for Wesson Cooking Oil and even hosted her own cooking show during that time. She was a talented lady and one of my all-time favorites. She will be missed. Here is to you Mrs. Brady.