I’ve seen it before, it happens all the time
You’re closing the door, you leave the world behind
You’re digging for gold, yet throwing away
A fortune in feelings, but someday you’ll pay
There’s nothing quite like -45 degree windchills to get you out of bed in the morning. Scientifically speaking, I think this officially makes Chicago colder than a witches’ chest. I know we’ve been complaining about weather in the Chicagoland area lately, but a) we’re lousy conversationalists and b) it’s really freaking cold outside. If you want to talk about something different, then you throw out a topic. My witty intro-abilities are frozen to the inside of my brain.
Here is what’s going on around the web for 1-28-2014:
- Beyonce at the Grammys. I’m at a little bit of a loss here because I don’t even like Beyonce or Jay-Z, but I think it’s AtW-worthy anyway. (The Superficial)
- Now for good Grammy moments: It was nice to see Metallica rock out with an overly-excited Asian man tickling the ivories. Daft Punk also put on a good show with Pharrell in a funny looking hat. Some depressed/creepy looking New Zealander chick won a bunch of awards and some gay people got married on TV. Most of the music was garbage that I don’t even listen to, but I was ultra-excited about the teaming up of TRENT REZNOR, DAVE GROHL, QoTSA and LINDSAY BUCKINGHAM (of Fleetwood Mac fame) who played at the very end of the show. Guess what, they cut the only legitimately good rock act short in favor of sponsor ads. I think I had the same response that Trent did later… (Rolling Stone)
- And on a Grammys side-note, for those of you who appreciate country music of the good classic variety versus the simply awful Taylor Swift/Kacey Musgraves/Hunter Hayes variety, Willie Nelson, Whistler from BLADE, Merle Haggard and Blake Shelton plucked out some classic country western tunes. Judging from their level of excitement, they had just freshly stepped out of Willie’s tour bus. (Boot)
- In please-don’t-screw-it-up news, the BREAKING BAD spinoff BETTER CALL SAUL continues to round out its cast with BB-alums. Mike is returning as well as a rumored Gustavo Fring and other rumored cameos from BRYAN CRANSTON and AARON PAUL. There is something called a ‘legacy’, and I have a funny feeling that they won’t be respecting it. (Collider)
- If you can’t beat ’em, sue their pants off. QUENTIN TARANTINO is suing Gawker over the leaked script to his almost-newest film THE HATEFUL EIGHT. Let’s make this sucker a class action, because the movie sounded awesome and I love anything Tarantino. Thanks for ruining it for the rest of us, assbags. (Deadline)
- If there’s something strange in the neighborhood, DAN AKROYD can now arrest/legally shoot it. He was recently sworn in as a Mississippi County deputy. By the looks of it, he has the doughnut-eating part down. (Celebrity-Gossip)
Hot chick of the day: JESSICA PARKER KENNEDY from the new (and incredible) STARZ series BLACK SAILS (Maxim).