Listen, strange women lyin’ in ponds distributin’ swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
– Dennis in Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Heading in to the end of the weekend and even though I don’t have a job, it still feels like it went pretty fast. While you contemplate the fun that awaits you back at work on Monday, get the news from around the web for 3-9-14.
- Have you ever been to another country and gone to a place that had an American theme to it? I love being in other countries and seeing what their idea being an American is. Here are some examples of what other countries think is an American by way of American theme parties being held in other countries. (Funsterz)
- The Canadian government is getting serious about porn shown on Canadian airwaves. They have started a crackdown and you might be surprised to find out what it is they are upset about. Only in Canada. (National Post)
- Four students at Penn State have figured out an ingenious plan that will probably make them rich beyond their wildest dreams. This is one of those ideas that when you see it, you know could have been done by anyone and was just sitting there waiting to be capitalized upon. (Total Frat Move)
- It’s been a very long and very cold winter here in the Midwest. Here are some pictures to remind you of warmer Summer days. (Izismile)
- If you spend any time on the internet, you probably know that Bill Murray could run for King of the internet and he would probably win. 20 something kids can’t get enough of him and they don’t even really know why. Here are some stories about him that prove he is cool despite his internet popularity. (WeKnowMemes)
- I feel bad about the girls in bikini link I gave you earlier so to add some culture, here is an art link to some of M.C. Escher’s impossible construction drawings. (M.C. Escher)
- When it comes to ice cream, I’m a pretty boring guy. I like the classics for the most part. Maybe I’ll get wild and get some bubble gum ice cream (which is only available in one place that I know of where I live) so none of these ice creams would be on my list of things that I would eat. (WashingBrain)
- Here are 19 every day things that are making you dumb. I can’t agree more with #1 on the list. Doing this at my last job sapped my will to live from me. (Ranker)
- One more link to remind you of warmer days. This one is 20 amazing pools from around the world. (RandomLists)
- What were you doing when you were 13? Were you making nuclear reactors like this kid?