But bad trades are part of baseball – now who can forget Frank Robinson for Milt Pappas, for God’s sake? It’s a long season and you gotta trust it. I’ve tried ’em all, I really have, and the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball.
– Annie Savoy in Bull Durham
Happy Sunday everyone. The Oscars are on tonight. While you think about the movies you didn’t see this year, get the news from around the web for 3-2-14.
- Since it’s Oscar night, why not get some facts that you might not have know about the Oscars or as the snooty folks call them, The Academy Awards. (Moviefone)
- Here is a fascinating info graphic on lakes and oceans and how deep things are. Don’t say we don’t try to educate you around here. (Xkcd)
- Here are the movies that are coming soon to Netflix. Robin Hood Men in Tights leads this list for me. (WebProNews)
- Universal Studios in Japan has a pretty awesome zombie attraction. They really know how to put on a show over there. (TheChive)
- You knew as soon as you saw LeBron James in his mask that the internet would not take it lying down. (Uproxx)
- Before MMA douchery took over the world, there was the sport of boxing. It used to be cool and it was one of my favorite sports. One of the great heavyweight champions, The Easton Assassin Larry Holmes, recent put his house on the market. It can be yours for just over a million bucks. It’s a steal. (BustedCoverage)
- What if frat bros held their own Oscars? The language is a bit NSFW. Since it’s Sunday you should be ok. Just don’t watch this one on your phone while you are pretending to listen in church. (CollegeHumor)
- Here are the 5 ugly lessons that are hidden within every super hero movie. (Cracked)