I get up, and nothing gets me down.
You got it tough. I’ve seen the toughest around.
And I know, baby, just how you feel.
You’ve got to roll with the punches to get to what’s real
Oh can’t you see me standing here,
I’ve got my back against the record machine
I ain’t the worst that you’ve seen.
Oh can’t you see what I mean?
– Van Halen
That song was #1 on this date in 1984. It was #1 for 5 weeks from February 19 to March 24. The song that knocked it off the top spot? Footloose by Kenny Loggins. While you think about what you were doing back in 1984, get the news from around the web for 3-1-14.
- This is what Comcast thinks of you. The language is NSFW but it’s a Saturday and most of you are not working so it should be safe. (Funny or Die)
- When you win the lottery, you are going to need some of these things. No millionaire’s house is complete without them. (Viralport)
- Since it’s Saturday you might want to try one or two of these amazing whiskey cocktail recipes. (HiConsumption)
- Technology is awesome. It can help us do some pretty cool things. Here are some gadgets for your home to help you automate some of your devices. (HolyCool)
- The Muppets have a new movie coming out soon. Here is the first trailer from Muppets Most Wanted. (Digital Spy)
- Disney World had a big announcement recently and to make the announcement they got a bunch of their characters together to send out a very cool picture. (Seriously OMG)
- Ever met someone who thought they were pretty good with a deck of cards? I bet they weren’t anywhere near as good as this guy. (TheAwesomer)
- Here are 25 pictures that are caught right at that moment when we know before the person in the picture that things are not going to end well for them. (WorldWideInterweb)
- Are you addicted to Candy Crush? Midwest Mo recently passed level 200 but he could quit at any time I’m sure. If you are like him and you are addicted too, here is an explanation about how the addiction works. (Digg)