– Stevie Wonder
Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! To all my friends still working in the restaurant industry, have a great night in this perfect storm of hell. A Valentine’s Day on a Friday. I feel your pain. For everyone else, check on the news from around the web for 2-14-14 while you figure out where you are going to go complain about your dinner tonight.
- Valentine’s Day is a $17 billion dollar a year industry. Here are some facts about the day you might not have known including the fact that apparently men have higher expectations for the day. (Business Insider)
- Be careful about what you say on Facebook. You never know what can land you in jail and ruin your life. (Dallas Observer)
- Remember how hard it was to find a date before the internet? Before sites like Farmersonly.com and Cougarlife.com (which apparently has over 5 million members), some people would advertise in the news paper (our younger readers should Google what that was) to try and find love. Here are some very funny advertisements that I’m sure worked wonders for the poster. (Worldwideinterweb)
- I said on my Facebook page that not only has Derek Jeter had a Hall of Fame baseball career, he has also had a Hall of Fame Dating career as well. In fact, he might have done better in the dating world than he did in baseball. Here is his dating resume to support my argument. (TotalFratMove)
- My wife’s dad died a year ago and when I saw this post, there were many things in here that I’m sure he would have done. Here are some parents who really know how to be cool or embarrass their kids depending on your point of view. (TheChive)
- Never let it be said that we don’t care about your education here at Midwest TV Guys. Here is some more knowledge coming your way. For those of you who don’t know the difference between jams and jellies and whatnot. (TheKitchn)
- Here is a look back at what the first winter Olympics was like. (Slate)
- I just saw The Lego Movie (and wrote a review at our sister site) and loved it. For any of you who are like me and have been life-long fans of Lego, you’ll love the Oscar nominated movies for best picture done as Lego’s. (Imgur)
Hot Olympic athlete of the day: Ekaterina Galkina from the Russian curling team. FYI, this is the 2nd woman from the Russian curling team. They have put together a lot of talent on that team for sure.