Oh, we’re big rock singers.
We got golden fingers.
And we’re loved everywhere we go.
We sing about beauty,
And we sing about truth
At ten thousand dollars a show.
We take all kinds of pills
To give us all kind of thrills,
But the thrill we’ve never known
Is the thrill that’ll getcha
When you get your picture
On the cover of the Rolling Stone.
– Dr. Hook & the Medicine Show
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I’m sure you are all very busy with family today. I’m sure you are all looking forward to the inevitable political arguments that I’m sure this year will be especially heated and damaging. Let’s get you to the news from around the web for 11-24-16 so you can properly prepare yourself for today’s events.
- We are nothing if not a place to educate and enlighten. We take that responsibility very seriously around here so this one is for education. It’s from the History Channel even. I don’t think they have ever been included in our list of links in the 6+ years we have been writing. For their inaugural first link, here are some facts about Thanksgiving to wow your friends and family with before you start to berate them over who they voted for in the election. (History.com)
- Well that last one was so educational that we almost can’t recover. To get back on track, here are some pretty girls with some very talented curves. (TheChive)
- The night before Thanksgiving is the busiest bar night of the year. Even busier than New Years Eve. I haven’t worked in the restaurant business for many years now and I still don’t miss it. If you were one of the people taking advantage of the bar scene last night, here are some hangover cures you might want to take advantage of. (MensHealth)
- Famous artists sometimes hide Easter eggs in their works because they like to be funny and clever. Disney artists have done this for years and pretty much every designer fancies themselves a famous artist or at least on par with a Disney designer. Here is a hidden Easter egg that was included in a high school graduation program that went undiscovered for 12 years. (SlightlyWarped)
- Well here’s a marriage that you know is going to stand the test of time. What a pure romance. Corey Feldman is married y’all. Oh and WTF is up with him? (DailyMail)
- If you’ve ever thought, “that Blac Chyna chick is crazy”, well, you aren’t wrong and once you see her mom, it will all make sense. (Dlisted)
- According to science, these are the 17 most erotic scents in the world. Yes. You read that right. (TheChive)
- We’ve all been here. Who hasn’t misplaced their Ferrari for 3 weeks? It’s such a commoners problem that I can’t even believe this is a story. (WorldofWonder)
Today’s music video comes to us from a band that I love. These guys were just a fun group of dudes who made music and had a good time. They were good friends with Shel Silverstein who wrote quite a bit of their music, including this song. This is a song about commercial music success and wondering why they haven’t been a hit yet despite seemingly having all the right pieces that the man wanted to make a band a hit. Rolling Stone actually did put them on the cover but as caricatures instead of their photograph and called them What’s Their Name instead of actually naming them. All in good fun. This is Dr. Hook & the Medicine Show with The Cover of the Rolling Stone released in November of 1972.