She turned away, what was she looking at?
She was a sour girl the day that she met me
Hey, what are you looking at?
She was a happy girl the day that she left me
– Stone Temple Pilots
What a game last night. I know for those of you who aren’t from Chicago, you are probably sick of us talking about the Cubs but both of us here at MWTVG have been life-long Cubs fans and have had nothing but pain and misery for our efforts. It’s nice to be part of something historic. We will be at game 3 tomorrow night at Wrigley and we couldn’t be more excited. While we are all on a winning high, let’s get to the news from around the web for 10-27-16.
- I really hate bad drivers. I’ve been on the road a lot the last few months in a lot of cities across our great country and have seen some of the worst drivers our country has to offer. I like these people who have decided to let bad drivers know they are bad but not in a road raging kill someone way. (BoredPanda)
- I’m a fan of Phil Collins. I know some of you out there, who are old enough to know who he is anyway, are going to mock that and pretend like you are not a fan of his and I’m like right, the dude became a mega star because I’m the only one who likes him. Anyway, there has been mystery for years surrounding his song, In the Air Tonight, and what the meaning is behind the song. Phil finally revealed what the song is about to Jimmy Fallon. (OMG)
- I do not know who Julia Friedman is, but she’s in a bikini and that’s more than enough for me. (GCeleb)
- I absolutely love Pete Holmes. One of my favorite comedians. He had his own show for a bit that was funny and quirky and he’s been doing the Badman (Batman) series for a long time and it’s hysterical. Here is one from them that may be a bit NSFW but it makes me laugh. (CollegeHumor)
- Well hello Katie Holmes and thank you gust of wind. (Egotastic)
- Which of your favorite fall shows are already likely to be killed? The Cancel Bear knows. (TVByTheNumbers)
Today’s music video us from way back at the beginning of this century. The song was written about the break up between Scott Weiland and his first wife Janina Castineda. Weiland says that he put her through hell because of his addictions and that’s why she was a happy girl the day that she left him. Very up lifting. This is Sour Girl by Stone Temple Pilots released on April 16, 2000.