– Ralph Stanley from O Brother, Where Art Thou?
It’s Friday every one! Great job making it through the week. As we head in to another cold weekend here in Chicago, it’s time to get the news from around the web for 1-24-14.
- Yes Tom Brady lost to Peyton Manning last weekend so he’ll be home watching (or not watching) the Super Bowl this year. Before any of you go feeling sorry for Tom, remember a couple of things. First, he’s married to a super model. He’s going to be just fine. Second, take a look at the house he will be watching the game from with that super model. (Sportress)
- Why does Ralph Lauren hate our Olympic team? (Dlisted)
- Why am I crazy excited about the upcoming reunion of the stars of a classic 80s TV show? I don’t know, but I am. (Seriously OMG)
- Man. The news for Facebook just keeps getting worse and worse. Researchers at Princeton have looked in to Facebook and the results they are reporting are not good. The clock is ticking. (BroBible)
- One of my favorite things ever is watching a comedian smash a heckler to pieces. Here are the 8 types of hecklers comedians face and an example of a comedian shutting each one of them up. (SplitSider)
- Speaking of comedians dealing with hecklers. Here is one of my all-time favorites. Comedian Bill Burr (Chappelle Show) was doing a show in Philadelphia and performers that were on before Bill were getting heckled by the crowd. By the time Burr took the stage, he was plenty angry at the crowd. He goes off on a 13 minute rant against the crowd and it’s awesome. (YouTube)
- What happens when NFL stars sing the National Anthem? Actually, it kind of works. (Heavy)
- You might think that John Lennon’s classic Imagine has nothing in common with Van Halen’s classic Jump. You would be wrong. Someone out there has done a mashup with these two songs and the result might surprise you. (CoEd)
- Two women out for a canoe ride caught the most amazing sight. I know that sounds like the plot for a horror movie, but it’s not. Their video is really cool. (TheChive)