Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience. Unknown
Around the Web for Tuesday. Let’s see how much snow Chicago actually gets. I hope the forecasters are wrong.
- FOX has been busy renewing some of their shows. Not surprising they have renewed The Following and set it’s second season to have 15 episodes. Kind of surprising is The Mindy Project. I think it’s better than a lot of what’s out there, but the ratings haven’t been all that great. But anytime a network renews a sitcom I am generally happy about it. (TV Guide)
- I don’t mind Zooey Deschanel but I know she’s not everybody’s favorite (I thought she was hot in Elf). Anyway, in a recent interview she opens up about her recent divorce from Death Cab For Cutie husband, saying that she still believes in love. It never ceases to amaze me that these famous people date and marry other famous people and can’t make it work. What is the divorce rate if you take out Hollywood from the statistics? (Huff Post)
- Don Pardo is 95 years old which is hard to believe. He recently fell and broke his hip. Reports say he will be fine, but it reminds me of I believe a Simpsons episode with Grandpa saying, “Falls will get cha”. Let’s hope he gets better, at that age, it’s never good to start breaking hips. (Bitten and Bound)
- I recently changed the focus of the fourth post to just something I find interesting or funny, not necessarily TV related. Somebody needs to do some internet research on this one and let me know if it’s true or not. Supposedly, doctors have cured a baby recently born with HIV. The story says that within 30 hours of birth doctors began aggressive treatment and now the child shows no signs of the disease. I feel like I’m being tricked on this one. (Moms Popsugar)
- Hot actress of the day – Rachel Nichols from Continuum on Scfy. (Maxim)