– Paul McCartney
It’s Thursday and the kids are all back at school so what is there left to do? Check out the news in Around the Web of course. Let’s get to it.
- Twitter is a powerful tool that can get your message out to the 10s of followers most of us have or, if you are a big time athlete or celebrity, to the thousands. Sometimes it’s more of a curse than a blessing for famous people as they often say the dumbest things on Twitter that all those people see. Here are tweets from athletes that they wished they could have taken back before they went viral. (Bleacher Report)
- Want to see Steve Martin and Kermit the Frog play dueling banjos? Of course you do. What do you have a heart made of stone? (Funny or Die)
- There have been some very funny and cute wedding videos posted on the internet in the last few years. Then there came this. What I give you here is just about the most white trash thing I’ve ever seen and trust me, I know about white trash. What I love is the guy near the camera’s reaction to this. He must be sitting on the groom’s side. Language in this video is NSFW-ish. (The Chive)
- We don’t do sports here hardly ever but there was an accomplishment yesterday in baseball that just should not be ignored. Ichiro Suzuki reached the 4,000 hit mark for his career yesterday. He is just the third player in baseball history to reach the 4,000 hit mark (Pete Rose and Ty Cobb being the other two). While I despise the Yankees with the burning hatred of a thousand suns, how they honored Ichiro last night was pretty cool. (MLB.com)
- With school getting back in session and my own son having left for his first year of college, we feel it’s appropriate to give you this list of the 20 people you will meet in college this year. For our fans who have been to college, did you meet any of these people or were you one of these people? (Rare)