A Petition to Cancel 2 Broke Girls

There has been a lot of talk in the news lately about a petition to get CNN host Piers Morgan deported from this country.  The political reasons behind the petition are none of our concern here at MWTVG, what is interesting though is that it seems as though you can petition the White House for just about anything you want.  Well I say, it’s about time.  I have bitched and complained for a long time about the show 2 Broke Girls.  I have lamented about how it is a signal that we as Americans are sliding down a path towards darkness and misery.  All of my complaining however has done little to solve the problem.  The ratings for this show continue to be strong.  My only explanation for that is that they are using some kind of subliminal mind control method in their broadcast that makes people unlucky enough to be stuck on CBS at the time the show airs to become unknowing robotic fans of the show.  I was lost for what to do next.

Then the Piers Morgan story broke and I found out about the petitions at the White House. It was as if the heavens opened and a bright beam of light shone down on me to show me the path to salvation.  Here before me is the solution to our country’s biggest problem.  I can submit a petition to cancel 2 Broke Girls and save our country from a terrible fate.

It’s about time that we put our government to work for us.  We know that the President has close connections with the Hollywood community.  It is the perfect route for us to take to get our problem solved.  If we can’t count on CBS to do the right thing, then let’s turn the full force and power of the United States Government on them to make them do the right thing.

Ok folks, here’s the thing.  The White House I’m sure gets inundated with all kinds of trivial requests for things like increased education spending and environmental protections and other stuff like that so they put rules in place for petitions.  We have to get 25,000 signatures before January 31, 2013 or our petition will be deleted.  If we hit the 25,000 mark, the White House will be required to respond to our request.

We can do this folks.  It is up to all of us to make this happen.  If you want to take control of your TV back from those who mean to hurt your kids by producing shows like 2 Broke Girls, now is the time.

If you want to sign the petition, you can go here:

The petition to cancel 2 Broke Girls

Remember, we only have until the end of January.  We have to get on this right away.  If we fail, we have no one to blame but ourselves.  Tell your friends and your neighbors.  Get the word out far and wide.  We will not be ignored.  Sign the petition to cancel 2 Broke Girls today and show them at CBS that we will not be bullied.

Murica!

39 Comments on A Petition to Cancel 2 Broke Girls

1. Anonymous // July 5, 2013 at 4:45 am //

If you don’t like the show then don’t watch the show. If you don’t want your children to watch the show then don’t let your children watch the show. Regardless of whether or not you succeed in having ‘2 Broke Girls’ cancelled nothing is going to change. You say that the show is negatively influencing children but your argument is invalid. If the parents of the children watching the show deem it acceptable then those children are growing up in an environment where humor such as what is in the show is acceptable. Their morals and viewpoint are sculpted by their parents’ morals and viewpoints, not the show. You creating a meaningless petition isn’t going to change that. You have the right to raise your children in your beliefs and they have the right to raise their children in their beliefs – and then the children have the right to choose how they want to live their lives. You say that you’re worried about them voting… but isn’t that the point of voting? So that everyone has the chance to be heard? Freedom of speech is exactly that – FREEDOM. You trying to change everyone to your viewpoint on such a mundane matter is equivalent to pushing conformity, which is equivalent to bullying… especially when I read some of the comments you’ve posted towards people who have failed to agree with you. You may be worried about parents letting their children watch the show but I’m more worried about you raising your children to belittle people who dare to have an opposing opinion

• Midwest Mike // July 5, 2013 at 1:25 pm //

Thank you for your refreshing outlook Anonymous. We are always happy to receive feedback. I however disagree with your position. The issue is far too important to be left up to parents. The infiltration of 2 Broke Girls in to the minds of our children can/will cause far reaching issues that we just can’t afford to ignore.

We are already falling behidn the world when it comes to educating students in math and science and technology. Are we to continue that trend? While American kids are getting dumbed down by 2 Broke Girls, Chinese kids are in school learning how to take over the world.

The issue is too important. This is why we simply must involve the White House. With the help of the President and other like-minded people who recognize the terrible situation we are in as a nation, we can effect change and change the course of the future.

Are you willing to risk that? I know I’m not. It’s all for the children because I, as I know you do as well, believe that the children are our future.

2. bitch do you wanna be shot this is my favorite show if you don’t like then don’t watch simple as that if we did that to all tv shows we don’t like there will nothing on tv, this is stupid grow up

• Midwest Mike // May 26, 2013 at 2:23 pm //

Man. I knew Miley Cyrus had fallen. I just didn’t know it was this far. Get help Miley.

• Midwest Mark // May 26, 2013 at 3:16 pm //

Greatest comment in the history of our blog, by far. Does anybody else see the potential of a “Midwest Miley” guest contributor exclusively for terrible television? First article: “Top 10 Shows Where Haterz Wanna Be Shot”. We expect it in our inbox tonight…

• Midwest Mike // May 26, 2013 at 6:01 pm //

I think her comment also goes to prove my entire point about the show as do all the other comments I’ve received from fans of 2 Broke Girls.

3. Midwest Mike you certainly know a lot about a show that you supposedly hate. I am sure you will spend a lot of time trying to come up with a witty response to this but don’t waste your time. I am using a fake email, I found this site by mistake and I will never visit it again. So whatever you are writing will never be seen by me. In fact because I have the power I will make you not exist. I will never hear from you again and nothing you do will ever affect me because I am out of hear have fun wasting your life.

• Midwest Mark // May 14, 2013 at 6:33 am //

Since Wowzas will never be back here again, I would like everybody to gather ’round and start the slow clap for the single biggest moron that has ever visited our site… Congratulations!! (as it were)

• I hate to admit how much joy I get in making fans of 2 Broke Girls mad. Does that guy really think we want the government to cancel 2 Broke Girls? Freaking hilarious. To me it further demonstrates the level of intelligence one must have to like that show (see how easy it is to do).

• Midwest Mike // May 14, 2013 at 9:11 am //

So you are the kind of coward that likes to fire away at people from hiding and then run away with your fingers in your ears so you don’t have to hear any response? What a coward. I don’t care if you don’t ever read anything on this site again. We here a MWTVG, and our loyal readers, will be much better off knowing that people like you don’t want to come here (did you notice how I used here correctly? You probably didn’t).

So long Wowza. I’m sure you are off to tackle other huge problems like movie reviews you don’t like.

• Midwest Mike // May 14, 2013 at 9:25 am //

And Wowza, do you know who else likes to take pot shots at people and then run and hide? The terrorists.

4. Mary Jane // May 11, 2013 at 6:42 pm //

Wow. Just wow. If you don’t want your kids to see it then don’t. This is like getting mad at someone for eating a donut when you’re on a diet. Jesus Christ.

• Midwest Mike // May 11, 2013 at 8:06 pm //

Not only do I not want my kids watching this show, I don’t want your kids watching it either. And how did you know I was on a diet?

• Midwest Mark // May 12, 2013 at 8:06 pm //

WWJD? Probably join me in eating one of those donuts. And that still doesn’t make 2 Broke Girls any better of a show.

• We’ve tried in the past to get parent’s to stop watching this show and yet gun violence, teen pregnancies, and gay marriage still exists. We believe that CBS is mostly to blame for these issues. Our belief is that if we can make everyone believe as we do, the world will be a better place.

5. Midwest broke girl // April 23, 2013 at 10:16 pm //

Love this show!! Why? Simply because the sarcastic banter back and forth I find hilariously funny and relatable. I wouldn’t let my child watch it. That would be stupid. This show isn’t creating the situations in the real world. It’s based on the things already going on in the real world. That’s why it’s so funny and refreshingly relatable. If you can’t filter a sitcom against what your morals are and how you behave in real life, or if you think the masses are that ignorant and brainwashed that they will be morally corrupt over this show, that’s ridiculous. I bet if these were two guys it wouldn’t even be a issue, or atleast overlooked. You should of petitioned to get jersey shore off when it was on, real life people, making real life bad decisions being and being glamorized for it.

• Midwest Mike // April 24, 2013 at 12:36 pm //

Well there is certainly no accounting for people’s tastes. The fact that you think my views on this show are based in sexism is hysterically funny. I don’t think you have read much of our site if you think we are only picking on these two because they are women. We are approved by the EEOC as equal opportunity haters of all things incredibly stupid.

Sarcasm BTW is relatable to everyone. How this show is written though? Not at all like any real conversations that happen. Do you and your friends really only talk to each other in one-liners? Do you each say something and then pause after every line you deliver waiting for the joke line to be uttered by one of your group? Are all of your conversations like watching a tennis match where it just bounces back and forth between people like after line?

This show needs to be cancelled to save our future. There just is no way around that fact. If you are supporting this show, then you support the end of America and I think that makes you a terrorist.

• Midwest Mike // April 24, 2013 at 12:45 pm //

Also, as for your thought that if this was a show about 2 guys I wouldn’t have any complaints, you are exactly right. Why? Because if this show was 2 Broke Guys, it wouldn’t even have been put on TV. The ONLY reason this show is on the air is because of the eye candy. Is that sexist?

6. I actually happen to like this show. And no I’m not mentally incapable of understanding humor. Some people have different kinds of humor, I happen to be one of those that like racy humor. But I can understand both sides. Sometimes the shows humor can be a little insensitive and rude.

• Midwest Mike // April 18, 2013 at 9:12 pm //

Certainly there are differing senses of humor. Nothing about this show is funny however. Do you like the writing? There is no actual dialogue. Everything is written in a stuttering back and forth style.

Waitress 1: blah blah blah blah

(stage direction): after delivering her single line, Waitress 1 will pause and wait for Waitress 2 to deliver her biting and sarcastic insult.

Waitress 2: blah bla blah blah blah blah

(stage direction): turn on the sign to cue the audience to all say in unison “ooooh” to denote for the TV audience that a burn has just been delivered.

Now repeat over and over while occasionally substituting any of the other amazingly shallow and 1 dimensional characters for either the Waitress 1 or Waitress 2 position.

7. Anonymous // March 11, 2013 at 3:17 pm //

Well if you’re from the Midwest, you wouldn’t even be able to understand the show.

• Midwest Mike // March 11, 2013 at 4:54 pm //

Yes because we don’t have waitresses here in Chicago. That show is just so west coast.

8. one broke girl // March 9, 2013 at 8:25 am //

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA how about a petition to get rid of you for good along with the idiots who think like you!

• Midwest Mike // March 9, 2013 at 2:50 pm //

The fact that someone like you supports that show should be all the evidence I need to get it cancelled. You are exactly what I’m talking about. I don’t know how old you are, but one day (if not already) you will be allowed to vote in this country. That scares me and all the other people who have a brain. We are trying to get that show cancelled to save the youth of America and judging from your comment, we are losing.

9. 1 Broke Guy // February 26, 2013 at 9:23 pm //

Are you high or just fucking retarded? This is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen….grow up. You don’t care about the children you just want the show cancelled for your own selfish reasons

• Midwest Mark // February 26, 2013 at 9:41 pm //

…says the guy who clearly is unfamiliar with satire, irony or humor…

• Midwest Mike // February 27, 2013 at 7:29 am //

You saw right through my ruse! I’ve always known this day would come. When one so smart would discern my true motives even though I have so cleverly masked them. Now I feel like a Bond villain who has had their evil plot spoiled by the wiley James Bond. Hats off to you good sir. You have bested me on the field of battle.

10. You are a moron and I find that you are the problem with America.

• Midwest Mike // February 25, 2013 at 8:57 pm //

Which one of the two girls are you?

• Midwest Mark // February 25, 2013 at 8:59 pm //

Yea! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

11. This is so ridiculous! A single tv shows does not influence a generation, it is simply a funny sit com that has nothing to do with violence and drugs in school. Do you wanna prevent your kids from taking drugs? well get an open dialogue with them. Americans should stop blaming tv for what goes down between the kids. Sorry if I have been rough but that’s my opinion

12. This is ridiculous why do you even care about the tv show if you hate it so much, if most people like it then why not just back off.

• Midwest Mike // February 4, 2013 at 7:36 am //

I have to care to save the kids. It’s all about the kids and our future. I don’t want my children or your children to grow up in a world where this show is acceptable.

• Youre concerned about children and the future and you think getting a certain tv show cancelled is one of the solutions? No matter what you do the world is what it is. Your kids may not want your kids to see this but what about other things like why not get a gun and shoot drug dealers or something?

• Midwest Mike // February 4, 2013 at 9:18 am //

Getting 2 Broke Girls cancelled will end all school violence, stop global warming, and fix the deficit. We all win if this show gets cancelled.

13. You are a true visionary Mike. I appreciate how you maintain your focus on the task at hand when faced with the trivial alternatives of the environment and public education. We need more people to keep their eyes on the prize and get this horrible excuse of a show off the air. I never envisioned myself asking the White House for much but this seems appropriate. Here’s to hoping for 2 Cancelled Girls.

• Midwest Mike // January 2, 2013 at 2:08 pm //

At this point it’s really a question of civic duty.

14. Midwest Mark // January 1, 2013 at 11:44 pm //

Let this be your greatest civic duty…

• I agree that part of the problem with America is bad TV. But the real problem with Americans is people like you who want cry about things they don’t like. If you hate the show don’t watch it. The world is not perfect stop expecting the government to do everything for you. You need to accept the world good, and bad the way it is because your negativity and “self righteousness” spreads like a plague. If you want the world to be a better place focus on positive things that you love, then, Share those wonderful things with as many people as you can. It’s not up to you to decide what’s on TV. If you want to decide what show get aired then get a job for a television company and work really hard until you are the one who gets to decide that. If you ask the pres to ban a show you might one day find that watching TV could become a crime. Stop being a baby and change the channel or turn the tv off and read a book.